Submit a Guest Column
So, you'd like to write for BlueOregon? Great! We're now taking guest columns. Hint: this is also the path to becoming a regular contributor.
Here's how it works: We'll post up to one contribution a day from guest columnists. Obviously, we won't publish everything we receive - though we'll usually let you know if we're going to pass on something. Just submit your work through the form below, and our editors will take a look.
What we're looking for:
- Priority will be given to columns with an Oregon angle, especially outside Portland. National stuff is already everywhere.
- We're looking for compelling and wide-ranging social commentary. Boring partisan rants can go elsewhere. Press releases will be auto-trashed.
- Length? Anywhere from a paragraph to 5-6 paragraphs. Not more.
- We'll look kindly on submissions that are web-friendly, with bolded phrases, links to more info, images (just include a link), etc.
- Be original. Stuff that's been recently covered on BlueOregon won't likely get published. Of course, if you bring a fresh perspective, well, that may grab our attention. And no, we won't publish something that's been published elsewhere already.
- Nothing anonymous. Also, you're responsible for the content of your posts. You own your words.
- Guest columns should reflect the BlueOregon concept:
"BlueOregon. It'll be progressive; it'll be smart; it'll be funny; it'll be compelling; it'll be provocative; it'll be unpredictable. It'll be political, but not narrowly so. It'll be a free-ranging social and cultural critique. It'll be by Oregonians and for Oregonians, but not always about Oregon. Above all else, BlueOregon will not be boring."
Submit Your Guest Column
connect with blueoregon