Ah, election night. A chance to celebrate with the winners, and commiserate with the losers. Here's where it's all going down.
The main Democratic Party of Oregon event is at the Portland Hilton at 921 Southwest 6th Avenue. A number of campaigns will have separate events inside the building, including Kate Brown, Brad Avakian, Oregon House Democrats, SDLF, Basic Rights Oregon, and the Portland School Bond campaign.
Here are others:
- Kurt Schrader, with the Marion and Polk County Democrats, The Grand Ballroom, 187 High St NE, Salem
- Peter DeFazio, Cosmic Pizza, 199 West 8th Avenue, Eugene
- Ted Wheeler, The Governor Hotel, 614 Southwest 11th Avenue, Portland
- Tim Volpert, Columbia River Brewing, 1728 NE 40th Ave., Portland
- Charlie Hales, Holocene, 1001 Southeast Morrison Street, Portland
- Jefferson Smith, Melody Ballroom, 615 Southeast Alder Street, Portland
- Amanda Fritz, p:ear, 338 NW 6th Avenue
- Mary Nolan, Hotel Lucia, 400 Southwest Broadway Portland
- *Laurie Monnes Anderson, 350 NW Wallula Ave, Gresham
- Brent Barton & Charlotte Lehan, The Highcliffe, 602 7th Street, Oregon City
- Shemia Fagan, McCool's Pub & Grill, 12066 Southeast Sunnyside, Clackamas
- Wynne Wakkila, Goose Hollow Inn. 1927 SW Jefferson St., Portland
- Libraries Yes, McMenamin's Kennedy School, 5736 NE 33rd Avenue, Portland
- Washington County Democrats (including Senators Ginny Burdick, Mark Hass and Elizabeth Steiner-Hayward, Representatives Margaret Doherty, Jeff Barker, Chris Harker, and Tobias Read), Stockpot Restaurant, 8200 SW Scholls Ferry Road, Beaverton
- JustPortland (Causa, Northwest Health Foundation, Urban League of Portland, Coalition of Communities of Color, APANO, Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber, Equity Foundation, Oregon VOICE, NAYA Family Center, Portland Latino Gay Pride), Northwest Health Foundation, 221 NW Second Avenue
- Working Families Party, with Shemia Fagan until 9:00pm, then Lotus Card Room, 932 Southwest 3rd Avenue, Portland
- KPOJ & Tom Dwyer Automotive, Bob White Theater, 6423 SE Foster Road
- Willamette Week, Grand Central, 808 Southeast Morrison, Portland
- Mercury, Doug Fir, 830 East Burnside Street Portland
This isn't a comprehensive list, so feel free to add more parties in the comments. The more the merrier!
(FYI, I've left off a handful of parties that are being held at candidates' homes, or for whom RSVP is required. Presumably they are directly inviting the folks they want to invite.)
Meanwhile, if you still need to drop off your ballot, check out the handy, easy-to-use, zoomable, searchable ballot dropbox map at dropsites.org provided by the Democratic Party of Oregon.