In a statement released today, Senator John Edwards announced his Oregon campaign steering committee today.
Oregon for Edwards will be co-chaired by State Senator Margaret Carter (D-Portland) and Robert Stoll, a long-time Democratic activist and trial lawyer. Senator Carter co-chaired the Clinton '92 and Clinton '96 campaigns, and Bob Stoll co-chaired the Kerry-Edwards '04 campaign.
From the statement:
“I am glad to have the support of Margaret Carter, Robert Stoll and all these important Oregon leaders,” said Edwards. “I look forward to working with them to address the critical issues facing our nation and to fundamentally change America.” ...
"I support John Edwards because he is the only candidate that boldly stands up to an issue America wants to hear about and that is poverty,” said Carter. “It takes courage and conviction to do that."
[Stoll said,] “John Edwards impresses me because of his clear vision, forthright and clear position on the most important issues facing our country: getting the US out of the Iraq civil war; having a country and world divided between those who have much and those who don’t; and honesty and integrity in our government."
In addition, the campaign team will include:
* Beth Bernard, executive director for Oregon Trial Lawyers Association.
* Peter Bragdon, vice president of Columbia Sportswear, and former chief of staff to Governor Ted Kulongoski.
* Kari Chisholm, president of Mandate Media.
* Jesse Cornett, vice-chair of the Democratic Party of Oregon.
* Kevin Looper, political consultant and campaign director for America Votes Oregon '04.
* Homer Williams, urban developer.
Donate via the Oregon for Edwards page on ActBlue here.