Today's piece by the Oregonian's new publisher was a real classic, but I thought the headline needing some tweaking. The top ten entries are:
10. "Our Editorial Board Doesn't Take Dictation, Unfortunately."
9. "Our Editorial Board Didn't Used to Take Dictation"
8. "Our Editorial Board Doesn't Take Dictation, But I'm Working On It."
7. "I Promise to Do for the Oregonian what I Did for the Orange County Register. Except Maybe the Bankruptcy Part."
6. "Really, I'm Just a Man of the People, by N. Christian Anderson III."
5. "Bob, Come Here and Take this Down: 'Our Editorial Board Doesn't Take Dictation.'"
4. "Stay Tuned for More Opinions Oregonians Won't Subscribe To"
3. "Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain."
2. "Voting is for Little People. Influencing Elections is for Publishers."
And the #1 alternate headline is:
Of course, 10 is just an arbitrary number, so...who's got more?